Sunday, June 23, 2013

Widgets

Yoshimitsu Deck - 03

Online WW Championship is coming to a close and this was an experimental deck I have been using with some success. It got me as high as 1250 and then I slowly dropped to exactly 1200 at the time of writing. I don't dodge any fights but the majority of my losses were from Panda, followed by other Yoshimitsu (lol). This deck I call "Rush" because every game will end within 14 turns. The longer the match lasts, the poorer this deck performs. This deck is meant to end games quickly, win or lose. Although the deck is extremely luck based, the matches it produces are extremely fun. My funnest match was with Iwatsubute and Oni Kick Combo against a 130 HP Lili. I played Strike and she focused, hilarity ensued.

The Deck

  • 3x Shisetsu Genman: 16 Damage, Kick, After the attack: Cards = Opp cards: +1 card & Opp -1 card
  • 3x Oni Kick Combo: 20 Damage, Kick, After the attack: This card appears: 1st card +40 Hit
  • 3x Dragonfly Fist: 14 Damage, Punch, After the attack: Opp Focus & Cards ≤ 2: +1 card
  • 3x Mumyo Juji Ken: 22 Damage, Punch, Before the attack: Opp HP ≤ 70: Card +20 Hit
  • 1x Poison Breath: 5 Damage, Punch, After the attack: This card appears: Opp -30 HP
  • 1x Thunderblade: 18 Damage, Punch, After the attack: This card blocked: Keep card
  • 1x Iwatsubute: 25 Damage, Kick, After the attack: HP ≥ 70: Both -65 HP & Card discard
  • Power Card: Yoshimitsu III: 175 HP First turn: +2 concealed cards & Opp +1 card

Thinking of substituting Thunderblade for Shibikari, Aratama or Kamikaze. I feel it is preference, but I selected Thunderblade because it helps push cards towards 3rd position, and synergizes well with Oni Kick Combo. I don't like Tobi Ushikawa because I want to maximize the use of Shisetsu Genman and sometimes when I don't want to gain a card and just block, so that the opponent can catch up in cards, Tobi Ushikawa won't let that happen.

Strategy

This deck is meant to get cards quickly and dish out damage fast. When the opponent is below 70 HP, it becomes much easier due to cards such as Iwatsubute, and Mumyo Juji Ken. Proper use of Shisetsu Genman, and Dragonfly Fist can help this deck to constantly have cards in hand whilst striking. Iwatsubute and Poison Breath are great ways to bypass blocking opponents or parrying opponents with Mumyo Juji Ken to finish the job. I think focusing till 2 cards is the general trend for this deck. If Dragonfly Fist is in hand, you can play defensively, offensively or focus for more cards. Because there is absolutely no heal, it is important to avoid damage and maintain enough HP for Iwatsubute to activate. If there are situations where Cards = Opp Cards if you play a certain move (correctly assuming your opponent will play a move as well) then go for it. A good example would be if you have 2 cards, one of which is Shisetsu Genman, and the opponent with 1, blocking would be a good option. Even if the opponent forces a discard, the next turn Cards = Opp Cards. When you are in sync with your opponent, Shisetsu Genman can be quite the asset, especially with multiple in hand.
Opening Cards
Opening cards
This picture highlights a strong synergy with the SR Power card and Shisetsu Genman. Blocking is a very safe option and yields very good results. If Paul blocks as well, he will have 0 cards to Yoshimitsu's 4. If Paul Strikes, he will have 0 cards to Yoshimitsu's 4, and if Paul Focuses, it is 1 card to 4.

Dragonfly Fist and Shisetsu Genman work very well without each other (you'll know what I mean soon). If you have just Dragonfly Fist and opponent has 0-1 card, strike for 14 damage, and at the beginning of next turn Cards = Opp Cards and if your 1 card is Shisetsu Genman, you can consider striking again for Cards = Opp Cards the next turn (or the turn after if the opponent ends up blocking), blocking for a safe 1-2 card lead (and block the next turn to trigger Shisetsu Genman again), or focus (I would only recommend this if the opponent's HP is 90 or below).

The general strategy is to whither them down with wimpy 1-2 card strikes, whilst maintaining Cards = Opp Cards, till they are 90 HP (if you have yet to see Poison Breath) or below 70 HP. After that, if Iwatsubute falls into 3rd position or higher you will have secured the win.

Conclusion

Is a very fun deck to play. I enjoyed the fast matches because sometimes I just don't have time heal to full HP with a Nina only to play as if the match just started. This is probably the funnest deck I have ever tried. Iwatsubute is just awesome when it goes off (in my favor of course). I think I will try Kamikaze, except that 5 cards is something I don't normally go up to with this deck (dragonfly fist requires 2 cards or less to be useful). I will make a comment on how Kamikaze fairs in this deck as a substitute.
Rushing a Nina
Rushing a Nina

Edit: Kamikaze is allright. I only found myself using it fighting Lili's which forced me to start the game off with 5 cards or when I have counted that I have used all 3 Dragonfly Fists in a cycle. I prefer Kamikaze over Thunder Blade now because of the relatively high base damage and the synergy, and because sometimes I don't want to have 1 card in hand due to the effects of Thunder Blade or Shibikari, lastly, the artwork for Kamikaze is plain great. I look forward to the upcoming Conceal patch for more Shisetsu Genman/Oni Kick Combo/Iwatsubute shenanigans.

Don't forget to comment, ask questions, like, subscribe, etc. I am always open to suggestions or any forms of criticism =].

23 comments:

  1. Which Power Card would you recommend me until I can get the SR one? (-22hp/+1 Concealed Card)
    Im thinking about getting the -22HP Power Card, as a lot of Characters got PC's to discard the first cards. (Ling, Lili, Nina, etc)


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 160 HP Power Card is fine. That is what I started off with before I had the SR Power card. You should really think about upgrading to the SR Power card though because the new Conceal will be launched in a week I believe. Even with Power Cards that discard cards in the first turn, I will still run the SR Power Card.

      Delete
    2. What do you think about the 165 HP Card that gives you one concealed card at the start? It's a weaker version of the SR Card and I bought the 155 HP Uncommon one already should I change to the 160 HP Card?

      Delete
  2. Also Is this deck viable even without the SR Card Iwatsubute or wouldn't you recommend It If one can't get the SR Card?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SR card is really useful in this deck but there is no One Card that should dictate the entire deck. Some matches are over before cycling through your 15 card deck. It is important to have a balanced deck and think of the Unique Cards/SR Cards as bonuses. Relying on a single card to attain victory is not a good way to play.

      Delete
  3. Could you explain me how exactly Shisetsu Genman should be used? Only If your opponent has one card less than you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In cases where they are one card less then you, you can choose to block so that the enemy will catch up or strike, in both cases you will attain an advantage.

      Delete
  4. Do you think this deck with Uncommon Cards can be played viable?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I am not sure about that. Generally, I would imagine an uncommon deck wouldn't do too well. I feel the deck requires a lot of luck to be successful and that is with Gold Cards. With Silver, you would require even MORE luck.

      Delete
  5. Okay thank you, do you think this Is a viable Deck for Uncommon Cards, or would you change anything?

    155 HP Power Card

    Shisetsu Genman x3 (E)
    Tsuka Splitter x3 (E)
    Fubuki x3 (E)
    Perilous Spirit x3 (E)
    Kamikaze x1 (E)
    Kimon Matagi x1 (E)
    Aratama/Poison Breath x1 (E)




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks allright. I would use Aratama over Poison breath. Poison breath is a great card but since your only heal is Kimon Matagi, you could end up bursting the opponent to 94 HP and Kimon Matagi will be useless.

      Delete
    2. Okay and would you change the 3 Fubuki for 3 Nozuchi Fumi or leave It as It Is? Also could you tell me some strategy like you do in your Guides how to use that deck well like you do in your Guides as you have more Yoshimitsu experience?

      Delete
    3. Or maybe take 3 Fubuiki/Nozuchi Fumi and 2 Fubuki/Nozuchi Fumi In and throw out 2 Perilous Spirit?

      Delete
    4. I think your original is fine. I personally am not a fan of Perilous Spirit as I don't feel I have a good read on strikes. If you have Fubuki and Perilous Spirit, It may be good. Personally I have tried Fubuki and Perilous Spirit and I hated it. I don't like the idea of "charging" my Fubuki(s).

      Shisetsu Genman is kind of difficult to use if you don't use Dragonfly Fist to get back into sync. I find it difficult to get its ability off without the help of another card or throwing away a 1 card advantage. With Dragonfly Fist, you can catch up to your opponent in cards.

      Tsuka Splitter is a good damage card, easy to use (lol)

      Kamikaze is a useful card (sometimes). Doesn't work well with Tsuka Splitter as Tsuka Splitter usually boosts the damage of your 3 cards to over the damage that Kamikaze deals.

      Kimon Matagi is your only healer so if you get it early and later get chipped away at, you will probably lose. I would personally add more defense cards such as Sakanobori, or Tobi Ushikawa. That way you will have a safe way to cycle through towards your 1 healer.

      I bought Aratama as one of my first 14 gold cards. I don't really like it. I suppose it goes well with Kamikaze.

      The only way to see if a deck works well is to play it online against other people. On paper, your deck looks allright. But I can't say for sure. I can help you by testing it later, except I have 2 perilous spirits but I have everything else (gold).

      Delete
  6. Must have taken you a long time to get so many cards in gold :O I dropped the 3 Perilous Spirit and put in 3 Fubuki/3 Nozuchi Fumi because I'm really bad at guessing when the enemy strikes and then they get a card advantage. Also I was thinking about trying Sakanobori but I have only 20k gold left and the only cards I have are the ones from the Deck I wrote you above. I wanted to try some cards of your deck out but It would take me too long until I can afford to buy them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try to avoid having only 1 of any non-unique card. When I first started, I bought all the Uniques for Yoshimitsu. My deck was terrible and I felt all my wins were from luck.

      Delete
  7. I dont have only Uniques, I have 5 Uniques and the rest are normal In my Deck I have 3 Uniques

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am having fun with this deck:

    Magatama
    Kimon Matagi
    2x Dragonfly Fist
    3x Spirited Away
    3x Shisetsu Genman
    3x Tsuka Splitter
    Shibakari
    Thunder Blade

    I am considering adding the third Dragonfly Fist and eliminating Thunder Blade.

    It is interesting play, even if Yoshimitsu remain weak against strong opponents

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi KubRic

      Thanks for commenting!

      I enjoyed my time with Yoshimitsu, but when I play with Kazuya, it is SO much easier to climb rank for Online WW Championship (literally like 5 times easier).

      I would take out Thunder Blade. That card is really not that great. I think your deck is lacking in "Damage".

      How are Spirited Away cards working for you? I was actually going to invest in buying 3 of those but I used my gold to complete my first Kazuya Deck instead =]. On paper, it seems that setting up Spirited Away can be quite tough.

      I hope they Buff Yoshimitsu. I have over 80 Gold Cards and 2x SR cards as well as all 3 Power Cards. I really enjoy playing with Yoshimitsu, but I like winning more =).

      Delete
  9. I said having fun, not winning.
    I have given up about winning with yoshimitsu. The gap with the others is too wide and widening ever more. I have been thinking about dropping him and moving to another deck, but then I decided to stay with him and play only for fun.
    My deck lacks damage, it is true. I have problems with the final blow against kazuyas, which are 70% of the opponents recently. But adding damage reduces speed.
    I have been using the buff deck so far, similar to your deck 01, but in the end I have more fun with this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. btw, I think Spirited Away and Dragonfly Fist are essential to catch up and have Shisetsu Genman trigger more often.

    I am trying this other option, with more damage:
    Magatama
    2x Dragonfly Fist
    3x Spirited Away
    3x Shisetsu Genman
    3x Tsuka Splitter
    3x Nozuchi Fumi

    Probably you'll like it better. it gives more damage, but has less healing and it is more predictable. I'll tell how it works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I have found a good balance with this:

    Magatama
    Kamikaze
    Dragonfly Fist
    3x Spirited Away
    3x Shisetsu Genman
    3x Tsuka Splitter
    3x Nozuchi Fumi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kubric

      I don't have 3x Spirited Away yet but I will definitely give it a try when I accumalate 240,000 Gold for 3x Spirited Away.

      Delete